Our first closet refresh was a huge success. We put together some outfits for Nicole from her existing wardrobe and then suggested some new pieces for her to look for this summer. Here are a few looks that we found from her current closet:
Nicole is a huge fan of the local farmers market so we had to incorporate outfits for strolling the streets filled with local vendors on a beautiful Saturday morning with her family. She does a lot of running around – grabbing groceries for a family of five (5), running kids to extra-curricular activities, working 5-10 workout classes per week, attending church on Sundays and going on date nights with her husband and girl friends. Check out these five (5) other outfits we put together from her closet.
- The perfect maxi dress in a leopard animal print is comfortable, fun and this print is trending. We paired this adorable maxi dress with a denim jacket and a fun black floppy hat to protect her beautiful skin from the hot summer rays.
- The mustard yellow colour looks great with Nicole’s skin and her long blonde locks – that we all envy. The cute front tie on the shirt adds some texture and dimension for a trending look. Worn with her favourite blue denim and some easy to slip on and supportive black platform shoes. Nicole can easily do her weekly errands in this outfit and still be the stylish mom she wants to be.
- We love this outfit! Not a lot of color – but the black army print leggings from Costco and her black Lululemon top have her ready for a hard workout with her clients. As a part time workout instructor – she needs a lot of these outfits. The transition from work to leisure is all about the hat and the items you choose to add to your workout gear. You can always throw on a longer trench coat to dress it up or a street sneaker or wear an oversized sweater with the ball cap.
- GOD plays a big part in Nicole’s life and she tries to make it to church every Sunday. This dress cinches at the narrowest part of her waist – emphasizing her curves and offering a good length for Sundays. Nicole is a big fan of print – she actually has a ton of it and we love that her closet has no shortage of this.
- Lastly – this black polkadot jumpsuit is fun for anytime of day or night. Newly purchased from thebay.com – she scored this number for $38. We paired it with some trending espadrille heels and a medium-sized black purse to carry her kids snacks and drinks – but not ever knowing that she’s carrying them. For more of a night time look – she can downsize her purse and put on a layered necklace.
When going through Nicole’s closet we found that she had no lack of prints and staple items. She has such good selection to make an outfit – but she was lacking the pieces that bring it all together. When shopping this summer – we sent her with a list of items that we thought would benefit her closet. This list includes: a white or neutral coloured tee shirt, black jeans, black or neutral coloured overcoat or cardigan, and a black leather cropped jacket. We think with these items – she will have no troubles putting together outfits going forward.
Her Wishlist – The Romper
Since jumpsuits and rompers are such a big hit this year and Nicole wanted to incorporate some more of these into her wardrobe – we sourced out a few that we thought would look good on her body type. We found some that we think deserves the high spending due to their quality of fabric and manufacturing and we also found some awesome bargain finds that are cheap and efficiently made.
The Smash + Tess Saturday Romper is $119 but it’s made from high quality and breathable fabrics by a team here in Canada. This Daisy Denim Blue would look great with Nicole’s long blond hair and bright blue eyes. She’d live in this one this summer – it’s cool, fun and appropriate for her lifestyle.
H&M is a great place for onesies – if you are looking for something affordable and cute. We found this gorgeous Creped Jumpsuit for $39.99. The gold stripes make it look rich and it can be dressed up or down for many different events. We love the flexibility of this one. The price is right too – for only $39.99 you’ve got an entire outfit. Wear this one by day with a brown wool brimmed hat or a scarf tied in your ponytail and a pair of flat brown leather sandals. Dress it up in the evening with a pair of strappy black heels and a black purse with gold chain accenting. You can never go wrong with stripes this year and the tied belt waist creates a beautiful silhouette of your body.
Another great online shop – we love to source out items from is Lulus.com – this shop has tons of trending items for women. They have basics, everyday wear and lots of products for a vacation. They never let us down when it comes to tropical paradise prints – so make sure to have a look. They are an Australian site – and we often find that Australia is always ahead of the game when it comes to this trend. So if you are shopping for summer – make sure to check it out.
We chose a basic romper – they do have seven full pages of rompers and jumpsuits available. We love how the model put a belt on to dress it up – and this colour would look great on Nicole. Any belt – brown, black, silver or animal print would look great. Nicole definitely has a ton of prints and accent items in her closet. This solid burgundy jumper is $38 and love that it can be dressed up or down and be suitable for Nicole’s closet.
And…that’s a wrap this week! We really enjoyed doing the Closet Refresh with Nicole and we hope to help many other ladies in the future. We have another one lined up at the end of May – where we will be doing some onsite shopping for her too! Can’t wait – in the meantime make sure to check out our Instagram @the.birdsandbeesblog
XO Brett & Kaeli